Saturday, April 24, 2010

Marathon


We did have a normal marathon where we are supposed to run (i walked a lot more than running) a few km . But this post is gonna be about the photo-marathon which got over about an hour back.

Mysore- and all its photo worthy places were invaded today by the event participants. We had three themes and one photo had to be submitted per theme. Duration:5 hours.

Initially I was pretty relaxed, thinking 5 hours is succccccccch a long time. But time ran by faster than Usain Bolt can ever do. And the photos to fit the topics were not easy to come by either! First I went to a few places i knew and took a few snaps of the hardworking Mysore people. Then started my handwork! In the hot summer sun we just started roaming the city searching for clickable spots :)

Devaraja Market was a hot favorite as I found plenty of my fellow camera people just loitering everywhere over there, the caps which the organizers had provided being our sole savior from sunstroke.

I met a few contestants in a couple of other places too causing me to ditch the famous spots. I went out of my way (literally :) and visited places i never knew existed in Mysore though i am staying here since my birth!

More than finding out about Mysore's secrets, how hot the sun can be, how different a sherbet near Lashkar Mohalla is (the above snap was where i drank the sherbet) and how sweet our Mysoreans can be in letting us take snaps I learnt if not how to take a great snap, how not to ruin one :) The purpose of a camera all these days for me was just to click photos of myself, friends and family for memories. But photography can be such a lovely hobby.There is definitely much more to it than see it, like it, take it! There were so many stops while i was zooming by in my dio to take photos that at the end it was a real problem to choose which ones to submit.

All i can finally say is, May the judges love my snaps :)

No comments:

Post a Comment