Friday, April 29, 2011

To Germany, In a hurry !

     The dreaded arranged marriage for any Indian girl can occur at any age after 18 . I had told my parents with no room for doubt that i would not be getting married until after my post graduation . Being Indian parents means they listen to everybody else regarding the future of their child except the 22 year old adult who is their "kid" . So it does not entitle me to get angry on them when they wanted to "show(case)" me to the parents of a guy who is in the USA, who planned to come back to India and start an industry .

      The row that followed when they tried to fool me by saying they had to come to bangalore and i did not have to come to mysore as they had "some" work spurred me to decide that i had to leave immediately if i did not want to get tied up .  So started my search on the vast but sometimes so useless internet . USA and UK admissions are closed, that leaves Germany as a good option . Consultancies calls start pouring in once we type higher education in google search and drop our numbers . There is one particular consultancy which seems very professional and indeed charge a very professional fee of INR 25000 !

     That meant i had to do the searching and applying myself which might take time while the consultancy assured me that i would be able to join this years September batch if i let them take care of all the procedures while taking care of just the fee transfer . I have decided to search tonight full . Night-out trying to save a substantial sum of money . By morning if am no closer to the methods of applying to German universities for the courses i want, i will be giving the professionals a call to help me fly .

No comments:

Post a Comment